Curriculum di: Annamaria Nifo
Department of Law and Economics
University of Sannio
Piazza Arechi II, 82100 Benevento (Italy)
tel. 0824-305241, Fax 0824-305234
Lecturer in Applied Economics, University of Sannio (Benevento), since January 2005.
Honors degree in Economics and Banking at the University of Siena (Italy), 1993.
Research Fellowship at the School St. Anna (Pisa) in the Link Project - Plan to upgrade the networks of research between Universities and SMEs in the Italian Ob. 1 areas, from 1999 to 2001.
Intensive Course in Spatial Statistics and Spatial Econometrics, Rome, December 2008.
Summer School in Econometrics at the London School of Economics, London, July 2007.
Intensive Course in anticipation of dynamic phenomena: applications and methodological aspects, School of the Italian Society of Statistics, Department of Economics and Statistics, University of Salerno, May 2006.
University of Sannio (Benevento): Professor of Macroeconomics and Microeconomics since 2004. Professor of Industrial Economics and Game Theory since 2005.
The main research topics concern:
1.The role of human capital in the economic growth
2.The role of institutional quality in the economic performance
5.The fields of international economics and industrial economics with a regional focus on Central, Eastern and Southeastern Europe
Main conferences and seminars
1. Workshop on the Report of the Bank of Italy “The economy of the Italian regions,” Benevento, October 2008.
2. Conference “Development Policies for Southern and neodualism”, Naples, December 2008.
3. Conference on “Policies for the South and fiscal federalism”, University of Rome 3 and Bank of Italy, July 2009.
4. Conference “The internationalization of SMEs between crisis and prospects for development” University of Sannio, July 2009.
5. 50th Annual Scientific Meeting of the SIE, Rome, 2009.
6. Meeting on the Report of the Bank of Italy “The economy of the Italian regions,” Benevento, October 2009.
7. Eurasia Business and Economics Society Annual Conference, Istanbul, 26-28 May 2010.
8. Conference “The global crisis. Financial and real aspects”, Benevento, June 2010.
9. Conference “The production system in the face of crisis. Businesses, industries and institutions “, Parma, 24-25 June 2010.
10. 51st Annual Scientific Meeting of the SIE, Catania, 2010.
11. International Conference on Applied Business and Economics, Sohar University, December 2010.
12. Conference “The Italian industry in the European division of labor”, Parma, 20-21 June 2011.
13. International Conference on Business, Management, Economics and Finance, Izmir Turkey, October 2011.
14. Conference “The role of large emerging countries in the world economy: threats and opportunities for European firms?”, University of Parma – Economics Department, Parma (Italy), June 18-19, 2012.
15. International Conference “Micro Evidence on Innovation and Development”, November 21-23, 2012, Cape Town, South Africa.
16. International Conference “Migration, global development, new frontiers”, University College of London, April 10-13 2013.
17. 17th Annual Conference of The International Society for New Institutional Economics, Florence, June 20-22 2013.
18. International Conference “Examining Migration Dynamics: Networks and Beyond”, University of Oxford, September 24-26 2013.
19. XII Workshop SIEPI, Naples, February 6-7 2014.
20. April International Academic Conference on Economic and Social Development, April 1-3 2014, Moscow.
21. Workshop on Global value chains for food and nutrition security, Rome, September 25-26 2014.
22. 55st Annual Scientific Meeting of the SIE, Trento, October 24-25 2014.
23. Giornate di studio sulla popolazione, Palermo, February 4-6 2015.
1. “Firm productivity and institutional quality. Evidence from Italian industry” (With A. Lasagni and G. Vecchione), accepted for publication on Journal of Regional Science, 2015.
2. “Do institutions play a role in skilled migration? The Case of Italy “(with G. Vecchione), Regional Studies, 2014(48), Issue 10, pp. 1628-1649.
3. “Skilled migration and quality of institutions: the Italian case” (with G. Vecchione), in M.R. Carillo (eds.), Migration flows and regional differences, Carocci, 2011.
4. “The best and brightest. Positive selection and internal migration in the Italian brain drain “(with S. Pagnotta and D. Scalera), in MR Carillo (eds.), Migration flows and regional differences, Carocci, 2011.
5. “Subcontracting in the Italian Industry, Labour Division, Firm Growth and the North-South Divide,” (with A. Giunta and Scalera D.), Regional Studies, 2011 (1), pp. 1-17.
6. “Explaining the productivity gap of Mezzogiorno industry: an empirical investigation”, Journal of Industrial and Business Economics, 2011, vol. 38 (3), pp. 105-125.
7. “Le trasformazioni dell’industria italiana e l’impatto della crisi. Un commento a Rondi e Silva: Produttività e cambiamento nell’industria italiana”, (with D. Scalera), QA – Rivista dell’associazione Rossi-Doria, 2011.
8. “Tre punti deboli della riforma Gelmini “ (with D. Scalera), nelMerito.com, December 3, 2010, published on the websites: Astrid-online.it, Rassegna.it, AetnaNet.org, Informazione.it, The Italiani.it, Infoinrete.it, Mofir.it, ArticolotrePalermo.it, Liquida.it.
9. “Struttura industrial, fattori territoriali ef efficienza allocativa nei divari territoriali” (“Industrial Structure, allocative efficiency and territorial factors in regional disparities”), Nel Merito, May 2010. Full paper to:
10. “L’internazionalizzazione delle piccole e medie imprese. Aspetti economici e giuridici”, (eds.), Edizioni Scientifiche Italiane, Naples, 2010.
11. “Divisione del lavoro, crescita e divari di performance nell’industria italiana degli anni ‘90”, (con A. Giunta e D. Scalera) in Arrighetti A., Ninni A., Dimensioni e crescita dell’industria manifatturiera italiana: il ruolo delle medie imprese, Franco Angeli, Milan, 2009.
12. “Declino o riposizionamento? Specializzazione e upgrading delle imprese manifatturiere italiane negli anni 1995-2003”, Economia Marche, n. 1, 2008.
13. “Capitale umano senza sviluppo: una storia di pirati e fuggitivi”, (con D. Scalera), in Bencardino F., Prezioso M. (a cura di), Coesione territoriale e sviluppo sostenibile del territorio europeo: convergenza e competitività, Franco Angeli, Milan, 2007.
14. “L’emigrazione intellettuale dal Mezzogiorno”, (con D. Scalera), in Annals of Faculty of Economics, XI, Edizioni Scientifiche Italiane, Naples, 2006.